Tuesday, August 24, 2021

Celebrating - Innovation and Learn, Create, Share

 Celebrating - Innovation and Learn, Create, Share


Day 6 of Alert Level 4 Lockdown and I'm finding a rhythm in my day.  My little bubble has settled in a routine - exercise, work/learning, lots of eating, and games in the evening.  Tonight my people are playing Connect Sports and I feel a little lack lustre after getting my first vaccination.  I've headed off to my bedroom to scroll through our class sites, blogs, and to check out what everyone has been up to in Distance Learning land.  

I am delighted and incredibly proud of all the amazing - Class Sites,Blogging, Learn/Create/Share, Innovation, and great learning that's been implemented.  

A shout out to:  
  • Helen and the Room 7 class site.  The graphics are fabulous and it's really easy to navigate the site.   
  • Flo is literally the Google guru, and I've just joked to Maria that it won't be long until Manaiakalani is offering our Flo a job!  Very cool to see what you have done with Padlet and also Google Data Studio Flo.  In fact, I can't wait to see what you come up with tomorrow!  

  • Robin so clever to use Fale points to celebrate, reward and create a sense of fun and competition in your programme.  Let's hope Kowhai step up their Blogging game!  

  • Our wonderful Learning Assistants are all underway with commenting on the students blogs (Room 11, 12, 13, 21 and 22)  and they are enjoying the opportunity to connect with our students via this platform.  
So much to celebrate today.  Well done to an amazing team.  

2 comments:

  1. It is great that you can spend time with the family, making connections and playing family games. It is times like these that you find yourself laughing as you all find ways to get through this. Glad to see that you have rolled up your arm and gone and got your first jab. Hopefully we can only encourage lots more to do so. Don't forget that sometimes we have to close the laptop and stop looking at school work. Something I know I also struggle to do. It great seeing what others are up to and learning form them. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora,

    I'm super proud of our staff and how far they have come with the LCS journey and the distance learning journey.

    - Maria

    ReplyDelete

Balance in the Week - Great Professional Learning

Balance in the Week - Great Professional Learning I've heard it said that Lockdown can be a bit of a rollercoaster.  The weeks are up an...